Adapted Physical Education Lab
- Prof. : Lee, Yong Ho
- Office : Bld. 71-1 Rm. 411
- Phone : 02-880-7762
- Email : Gophers@snu.ac.kr
- Bicycle and Sports Science
- Topics in Adapted Physical Activity for People with Disability
- Diagnostic groups in Adapted Physical Activity
- Physical education for the Disabled
- Bachelor of Social Physical Education at Myongji Univ.
- Master of Western Illinois Univ.
- Doctor of Univ. of Minesota
- Assistant Professor, Univ. Of Regina, 2005-2008
- Assistant Professor, Univ. of Toledo, 2008-2011
- Professor, Seoul National Univ., Current
Field of Studies
- Rehabilitation Movement for the Elderly and Disabled
- Inclusive Sport
- Improvement in Health
- Fall Prevention etc.
- Development of parents supported adapted physical activity program to promote physical activity for children with disabilities (2015.5~2016.4, The Department of Education)
- Development and application of evidence based afterschool physical activity program protocol for children with disabilities (2015.6~2018.5, Seoul National University)
- Development and Validation of the Rural Community Dance Program for the Elderly in Sunchang Region (2016.6~2017.5, Sunchang Health Longevity Research Institute)
- Development and Application of Health Programs for Adult Development Disorder Persons (2018.4~2018.12, Gangdong-gu Community Health Center)
- Development and Application of Program for the underprivileged of Physical Education (a child with developmental disorder, Youth and Adults) (2015.4~present, Seoul Sports Association for the Differently abled)
- Developing Physical Activity Program for Healthy School Life of Children with Development Coordination Disorder (2016.5~present, The Department of Education)
- A Study on the Rehabilitation Project in 2019 as an area linked to high school and college (2019.04~2019.12, Civil Service)
- Development of a Physical Activity Program to Improve the Life Skill of Adult with Intellectual Disabilities (2019.07 ~ 2021.07, The Department of Education)
SNU FUN & KICK(Old Name : Physical Activity Program for Children with Disability)
- A.P.E. research unit has been running a program called ‘Physical Activity Program for Children with Disability’ since 1997. It was renamed as ‘SNU Fun & Kick’ in 2011.
- Fun Program(children class) and Kick Program(teenager & adult class) are operated by over 60 students, including students majoring in APA and undergraduate volunteers, under guidance of professors.
- Based on the theory of learning according to the curriculum of physical education, it provides all development programs beyond simple treatment and education.
- Changing the perception of people with disabilities, providing the community with sustainable living and physical education environment for the people with disabilities.
SNU Comm Fun(SNU – SIHEUNG)
- This is based on: (1) Case of SNU Fun & Kick’s successful program operation, (2) The program development of parents involving with their children with disabilities regarding physical activities for last three years(Yong-ho Lee, 2016), (3) The development and application of Evidence-based Physical education program protocol for Children with Disabilities(Yong-ho Lee, 2017)
- This program provides empirical evidence for participating ‘families’ to learn the value of physical activities. It greatly influences the actual participants(kids) in a positive way.
- SNU Comm consists of 34 people, and they are 15 kids, 15 kids’ families, and four instructors. This program provides physical activity that considers characteristic of our elementary students.
- The kids will experience change of psychology, verbal/non-verbal communication, social interaction, and motor development.
- The purpose of the program is to help bring about an optimistic change in a daily life by enjoying physical activities and to expand the base of ‘Adapted Physical Activity’ in the region.
- A Study on the Effects of the Parent Participated Aquatic Exercise Program for Children with Developmental Disability (2017). Journal of Special Education, 24(1), pp 111-141.
- The Effects of Adapted golf program on Motor performance and Timing ability of adolescents with Intellectual Disabilities (2017). Journal of adapted physical activity and exercise, 25(3), pp 1-12.
- The Effects of Community Dance on Motor Ability in Students with Intellectual Disabilities : A Pilot Study (2017). Official Journal of the Koeran Society of Dance Science, 34(4), pp 2-27.
- A Practical Strategy on Dance Education for the Implement of Inclusive Education (2017). The Journal of Inclusive Education, 12(2), pp 167-197.
- An exploratory Study on The Present State of Adapted Physical Activity in the North Korea (2018). Review of North Korean Studies, 21(1).
- The Effect of Adapted golf program on Visual perception and Attention of student with Intellectual Disability (2018). Journal of adapted physical activity and exercise, 26(1), pp 109-132.
- Qualitative Research on the Process of Initiation and Adaptation of the People with spinal Cord Injury in Wheelchair Rugby Team (2019). Journal of adapted physical activity and exercise, 27(1), pp 1-17.
- A Meta-Analysis of effectiveness on exercise interventions to improve gait ability in children with cerebral palsy (2019). Journal of adapted physical activity and exercise, 27(2), pp 17-32.