Degree Requirements (Minimum Credit Requirement, check for specific major)
|Class Year||Major credit requirement||Major credit requirement||Minor credit requirement||Interdepartmental credit requirement||Comment|
|Class of 2007||52|
|Class of 2008||60
(Other major credits 52)
(Teaching license acquirement unattainable with minor)
|Class of 2009 and after||50||* Major, double major, interdepartmental major credit requirement 21credits (7subjects), at least 8 credits of ideal and education field included|
<Student admitted after 2009>
- General Education : Minimum 36 credits
- Major Courses : Minimum 60 credits (Refer to core major courses and Physical Education department standards) * Minimum 52 credits for other major completion)
- Teaching : Minimum 22 credits (Teaching theory : Min. 14 credits, Teaching Aptitude : Min.4 credits, Student Teaching : Min. 4 credits)
Bylaws(2010. 2. ~)
- Must complete at least 5 courses including Physical Education 1, 2, extracurricular activities, and life sports.
- ※ must take required courses (track-and-field1(track), apparatus gymnastics1(floor), swimming1, PE course, PE method)
- Must take one course from aquatic sport course (choose 1 from yacht, windsurfing, scuba diving) and ski course (ski, snowboarding).
- ※ ☆ must take curriculum education course (Theories of Physical Education (physical activity fundamentals), Sports Education (PE course), PE teaching material research and PE method guidance).
- Students enrolled after 1998 must take at least 21 credits (3credits X 7 semesters) of practicum courses.
- Depending on credited practicum courses, student may take practical examination for graduation.
- Female(dance) graduation practical courses includes gymnastics(choose1), track-and-field(choose1), ball sports(choose 1) added (from April 2013 faculty meeting).
- PE liberal arts courses are not included in graduation requirement credits (130credits).
- Repeated taking of dance education (2), modern dance (3), Korean dance (4) is allowed.
- Students graded A- and better in graduation practicum course are exempt from practical examination of that course.
- Female students must complete ‘Introduction to modern dance’, ‘Introduction to Korean dance’ class.
2014 Physical Education Undergraduate Completion Bylaws
|Course Category||Course Title||Credits||Comment|
|Major Requirement||Track-and-field 1 (Track)||1||Practicum for graduation course (students with A- or higher grade exempt)|
|Track-and-field 2 (Field)||1|
|Apparatus gymnastics 1 (floor)||1|
|Apparatus gymnastics 2 (long horse, horizontal bar)||1|
|Sports Education (subject)||3|
|Education teaching material research and methods (subject)||3|
|Physical Education Theory (subject)||3|
|PE logic and essay||2|
|Major Elective||Extracurricular activities||1||At least 5 courses including PE1, 2 required
|Introduction to modern dance||1||※ Female students required|
|Introduction to Korean dance||1|
|History of physical education, philosophy||3||Choose 3|
|Sociology of Sports||3|
|Physiology of athletics||3||Choose 5|
|Measurement and Evaluation of Physical Education||2|
|Motor learning and psychology||3|
|Special Physical Education||2|
|Liberal Arts Selective||PE 1||1||Required|
|Not including other liberal arts PE course credits for graduation (130) excluding PE 1, 2|
|Selective Practicum||Major elective and liberal arts including minimum 21 credits|
|English Courses||10 credits including 2 major liberal arts courses|
|Internship Program||Official documents as proof of volunteer work from related schools and organizations|
|Teaching Aptitude||Understanding and education special needs children||2||Required|
|Prevention and handling of school violence||2|
|Theory of Teaching||Introduction to Education||2||Required|
|Psychology of Education||2||Required|
|Philosophy of Education and History of Education||2|
|Sociology of Education||2|
|Evaluation of Education||2|
|Education administration and management||2|
|Education methods and technology||2|
|Theory and reality of counseling and guidance||2|
|Teaching Practicum||Student teaching||2||Required|
|Education volunteer||1||Retake 2 times|
|Teacher aptitude personality test||2 competent result required|